The American Society of Plastic Surgeons quoted the national average for a Refirme treatment is approximately $535.
If you are considering having a Refirme skin firming procedure but want to explore more about the Refirme financing options available before you make your decision, PLEASE CLICK HERE. You can discuss your financial options with your Refirme practitioner, and find out if there are any loans or flexi-payment plans available to you.
Am I a candidate for Refirme?
Refirme therapy is not a long-term substitute for a face lift but may be a viable alternative for patients who are not ready to undergo invasive surgery and all the risks, expense and downtime associated with surgical cosmetic procedures.
You may be a suitable candidate for Refirme therapy if you have:
- Loose, lax facial skin
- Facial wrinkles
- Your neck, abdomen, upper arms or knees have minimal elasticity and unsightly cellulite, excess skin or wrinkles
- You are not ready for, or do not want, invasive cosmetic surgery
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of your Refirme treatment
At your initial consultation, your Refirme practitioner will determine if you are a suitable candidate for Refirme therapy after taking your medical history and lifestyle into account.
What is a Refirme Procedure?
ReFirme is a safe, non-invasive, therapy that repairs skin laxity and reduces fine lines, leaving skin smoother, firmer, and with a more youthful appearance.
Refirme is a FDA approved non-invasive skin tightening procedure that does not have any of the pain, risks and recovery times associated with other anti-aging cosmetic procedures.
Refirme treats jowl and neck laxity, under eye sagginess, saggy brow lines, and nasolabial folds. Unlike conventional laser skin tightening treatments, Refirme is claimed to be a virtually painless and fast treatment for sagging and wrinkled skin.
Refirme combines infrared light and radio frequency technology to improve the skins tone and elasticity through stimulating the production of new collagen.
When the Refirme device is applied to the skin, the infrared light heats the tissue of the skin. This heat conducts the radio frequency to penetrate the deeper dermal layers and causes the collagen to contract and tighten while stimulating collagen production for a period of at least 90 days. As this time passes and more collagen is produced, Refirme patients notice significant improvements in the skin as it becomes tighter and firmer. There is no need for anesthesia, though a topical anesthetic cream may be administered for your comfort, and little or no discomfort.
Refirme treatments usually take approximately 45 minutes to one hour. After the Refirme procedure, no recovery time is necessary and you will be able to return to your daily activities immediately.
A series of three to five Refirme treatments is usually recommended, usually one month apart, to achieve the optimal skin firming results of Refirme therapy. This depends on the condition and laxity of the patients skin. Advanced skin laxity may require five treatments.
As with any cosmetic procedure, the results of Refirme therapy will fade over time but Refirme treatments can be repeated to maintain your younger appearance.
Refirme Procedure Steps
Injections are usually given in a dermatologist's office. Before beginning treatment, a skin test may be administered to determine if you are likely to have an allergic reaction to the PMMA substance, as some patients are allergic to bovine collagen which is present in ArteFill.
Step 1 Preparation
Step 2 The procedure
- The Refirme procedure is pain-free for most patients and doesnt require the use of anesthesia, although some patients may benefit from the application of a topical anesthetic cream to the treatment area.
Step 3 The results
- A combination of electrical and light energy is applied to the skin surface using the Refirme machine (which resembles a sonogram machine) to allow heating of the underlying dermis, contracting and stimulating the collagen. The outer layer of your skin is protected by the cooling device built into the machine. You should not feel any discomfort, though some patients report a feeling of warmth during the Refirme skin firming treatment.
- Immediately after the Refirme skin firming procedure, you may notice a slight improvement in the texture and appearance of your skin. This will continue to improve over the next few weeks as new collage in produced to support your skin tissue.
Refirme Recovery and Healing Steps
Following the Refirme treatment, you may notice a very slight redness and tenderness to the skin which should quickly subside. No recovery time is usually necessary and you will be able to return to your work and daily activities immediately.
To ensure that you obtain optimal results from your Refirme skin firming treatment, you should avoid the sun and apply a daily SPF 30 sunscreen. You should also adopt a gentle cleansing and effective moisturizing regime.
Refirme skin firming treatment is approved as safe by the FDA. There is little or no risk of serious complications from Refirme treatment.
Temporary side effects include redness and mild tenderness in the treated areas. Rarely, some Refirme patients may experience swelling or blistering of the skin around the treated area.
Any unusual skin reactions after Refirme treatment should be reported to your doctor.